Please note: Government guidelines may differ now to at the time of writing this. Please continue to adhere to local travel restrictions, for more information and our travel guidelines please click here.
Let’s be honest, most of us didn’t do much travelling in 2020. With restrictions in place for most of the year, we’ve missed out on the things we love the most – spending time with friends and family.
We’ve all had to be pretty adaptable this year in many ways. Wearing face coverings, social distancing and practising good hand hygiene has become the norm.
Here at CrossCountry, we’ve also had to change the way we do things. We’ve put in lots of processes to make sure our customers can travel safely with us. We’ve adapted our train timetables, made sure our carriages are suitable for social distancing and put in place even more thorough cleaning and hygiene procedures.
What does 2021 look like?
It’s hard to say exactly what next year has in store. However, an approved vaccine has offered the nation a slight ray of sunshine, and we sincerely hope things will be back to normal soon.
Until then (and afterwards), we will be following Government guidelines and continuing to make sure our trains are as safe as possible. We will continue to:
- Run an amended timetable service to prioritise both our customer and colleague's safety
- Encourage the use of contactless ticketing such as e-Tickets and the use of contactless payments on-board
- Encourage customers to wash their hands before and after their journey. Hand sanitiser is available to buy on-board, subject to availability
- Enhance the cleaning process on-board
- Seat reservations to remain mandatory
We want to thank our customers for respecting our travel guidelines as this ensures our trains remain a safe mode of transport. Moving into 2021, we ask that our customers continue to:
- Refrain from travel if you have symptoms of Covid-19, have tested positive for the virus or have been asked to self-isolate
- Wear face coverings (and follow correct face covering etiquette) whilst in the station and on-board, unless exempt for medical reasons. Please see our face covering FAQs for more information
- Book in advance
- Purchase an e-Ticket
- Stick to the seat reservation provided
- Plan your journey and leave time to arrive at the station early
- Carry hand sanitiser and wash your hands regularly
- Maintain social distancing measures
- Follow signs and respect additional guidelines that some services and stations may have in place
- Travel at quieter times and avoid busy stations where possible
Our coronavirus page has more information and a dedicated FAQ section if you have further questions about travelling via train. We hope that 2021 brings normality and safe adventures across the UK. At CrossCountry, we can’t wait to connect you to the people and places you love. We’re looking forward to seeing you onboard soon, but until then, stay safe.