You can now book with us with greater confidence, change the train if you change your mind...
We’re the first and only UK train company to remove the £10 fee for changing the date and time of your Advance ticket. So not only can you get great value Advance tickets for any train operator via our website, but you have a little extra flexibility if your plans change.
- No more fees - Buy a new Advance ticket, and we’ll refund your original for FREE*
- Enjoy flexibility - Update the date, time & ticket type (as long as the stations are the same)
- Peace of mind - Amend your ticket from 2 hours after purchase, until 24 hours before your journey
Planning on buying a ticket? Make sure it's eligible.
To make sure your ticket is eligible for free amendments, follow these 3 simple steps:
- Sign in to your CrossCountry account - if you don't have one, register here
- Buy an Advance ticket through our mobile or desktop website only – sorry, tickets bought at the station or via our app aren’t eligible.*
- Choose ‘Post’ or ‘Self-service ticket machine’ as your delivery method
Already bought a ticket? Check if it's eligible.
If you've already bought a ticket from us and have had a change of plan, check to see if you can amend it by going through the below steps:
- For your Advance ticket to be eligible for an amendment, you will need to make sure that you were signed in to your CrossCountry account at the time of buying the ticket
- Your booking was made on our mobile or desktop website - sorry, tickets bought at the station or via our app aren’t eligible*
- Your chosen ticket delivery method was either 'Post’ or ‘Self-service ticket machine’
How to amend your Advance ticket.
Please follow the steps below to refund your ticket.
- Sign in to your CrossCountry account
- Select "my account"
- Click “view your bookings” – located in the 'my bookings' section.
- Select “amend journey” next to the ticket(s) you would like to change
- Select the ticket(s) you would like to amend and continue.
- Input the amended 'date and/or time' you would like to change your ticket to.
(Also, let us know If you have your old tickets, as we will need these back to process a refund.)
- Select the new journey you would like to book
- Confirm your seat preferences
- Confirm your delivery method
(Note: if you select options other than Post or Self-service ticket machine you will not be able to change the ticket again) .
- Continue to pay and confirm your new journey
Have more questions? Take a look at our FAQ's page for more information
*Print your own tickets and m-tickets (via our Train tickets app) cannot be changed. Tickets collected from the station, a ticket machine, or sent by post can be changed with no administration fee. Sign into your account and select 'View my Bookings' and follow the steps to amend your journey. You can change your ticket two hours after purchasing and up to 24 hours before you are due to travel.