Prize draw terms and conditions
Choose date & timeClose ✕
You can book up to 90 days in advance.
Looking for dates further in the future?
Train operators can only release tickets for sale up to 90 days in advance.
But don't worry, you don't have to miss out - be the first to hear when tickets are available with our FREE ticket alert.
Going departing after
- The prize draw is open to all residents in the United Kingdom aged 16 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- To enter this prize draw participants will need to take a photograph or record a video at any location on the CrossCountry network (https://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/stations-destinations/route-map) and upload this to Instagram with the hashtag “#LittleDiscoveries”. Entries can either be uploaded to the participant’s Instagram page or to the Promoter’s Instagram Page. Entries uploaded without using “#Little Discoveries” will not be valid.
- Participants may enter this prize draw as many times as they like provided each time they enter they upload new videos and/or photographs.
- Photographs must be taken and videos filmed by the participant only and must not be the property of anyone else.
- By uploading their photograph or video, participants confirm that they are the sole owner of all copyright in all photographs and videos they upload and that no other person has any other interest or rights in the photographs and/or videos.
- Participants must ensure that any person over the age of 18 years shown in a photograph or video they wish to enter into this prize draw has agreed that their image may be used in accordance with these terms and conditions. If children are in the photograph or video, participants will need to ensure that they have obtained the express permission of that child’s parents or guardians before submitting their entry to this prize draw.
- The opening date for entries is 09:00 on 7 July 2016. The closing date of the prize draw is 11:59 pm on 6 September 2016. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
- A winner will be chosen by random draw [performed by a computer process] on 7 September 2016 ("Draw Date") from the photographs and videos successfully uploaded in accordance with these terms and conditions. Content created by the influencers will not be entered into the free prize draw.
- There will be five winners who will receive a £500 Apple Store Electronic Gift Card.
- The winner will be announced on the Promoter’s Instagram and Twitter pages by 13 September 2016. The winner will be contacted by the Promoter via the winner’s Instagram account, with details about how to claiming their prize. The winner will need to provide a postal address, so that the Promoter can send them their prize.
- If the winner does not respond to the Promoter within 30 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The winner will receive their prize by post on or before the 12 November. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The prize is supplied by Apple Distribution International, Hollyhill Industrial Estate, Hollyhill, Cork, Republic of Ireland. [The Supplier]. apple.com/legal/giftcards/applestore/uk/ The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter's control makes it necessary to do so. Apple Store Electronic Gift Card is a trademark of Apple, Inc., registered in US and other countries. Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion.
- Any costs incidental to the fulfilment of the prize (other than delivery of the same in accordance with these terms) are the responsibility of the winner.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The winner's name and county can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Marketing Department, XC Trains Limited 5th Floor, Cannon House, 18 The Priory, Queensway, Birmingham B4 6BS within 30 days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
- Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter of this prize draw is XC Trains Limited of Cannon House, 18 The Priory, Queensway, Birmingham B4 6BS.
CrossCountry Trains – moderating user generated content on Little Discoveries
Violation of T&C
Any violation of the terms and conditions of the website will lead to messages being removed.
Posts that share email addresses, telephone numbers, addresses, IM’s or any other personal data will be removed to protect the user.
Profanities are automatically stripped out but posts containing language or comments which are unacceptable to the CrossCountry community will be removed.
Unacceptable language/comments can also appear in images.
Any inappropriate and/or offensive images including but not exclusively nudity, partial nudity will be removed.
If a post contains advice on how to perform an illegal activity the message will be removed. Or if the message includes an illegal image or link out information on home to perform an illegal activity it will be removed.
Unacceptable language/subject matter
Message that contains unacceptable language/subject matter will be removed.
If the message is unrelated to the topic of Little Discoveries or the current topic of conversation on the hashtag the message will be removed.