CrossCountry Facebook Thursday Teaser - Terms and Conditions
Win a £25 Love2Shop voucher, an overnight stay and a pair of First Class tickets for CrossCountry Train Travel
Choose date & timeClose ✕
You can book up to 90 days in advance.
Looking for dates further in the future?
Train operators can only release tickets for sale up to 90 days in advance.
But don't worry, you don't have to miss out - be the first to hear when tickets are available with our FREE ticket alert.
Going departing after
- The Promoter is: XC Trains Limited whose correspondence address is Cross Country, 5thFloor, Cannon House, 18 Priory Queensway, Birmingham B4 6BS.
- The title of the competition is CrossCountry Facebook Thursday Teaser Competition.
- The competition will run from [11:00] on [Thursday 28th April 2016] (the "Opening Date") to [23:59] on [Thursday 28th April 2016] (the "Closing Date") inclusive. All competition entries must be received by the Promoter by the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- Internet access and a Facebook account are required to enter this competition.
- Entrants must answer the question posted on the CrossCountry Facebook page (the"XC Facebook Page") and post their answer as a comment to the question [https://www.facebook.com/Crosscountrytrains]
- There is a limit of one entry per Facebook account. If the same entrant posts multiple answers their first post will be the only one deemed as a valid entry.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition and there is no charge to register for use of the XC Facebook Page.
- The Promoter will not accept responsibility for competition entries that are not successfully posted on the XC Facebook Page regardless of cause, including, for example, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
A winner will be chosen by a random draw of those entries correctly answered [performed by a computer process] on [Friday 29th April 2016] ("Draw Date").
- The competition is open to all residents in Great Britain aged 18 years or over with a valid Facebook account,except:
(a) employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies;
(b) employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
(c) members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
- In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
- The competition prize is for [one] winner, the prize consists of 1 x £25 Love2Shop voucher [Vouchers expire on 30th September 2017; https://www.love2shop.co.uk/love2shop-cards], an overnight stay at The George Hotel in Edinburgh [ http://www.principal-hayley.com/locations/scotland/george-hotel/ The double room will be available on a B&B basis (accommodation would be 1 night B&B and valid Sunday to Friday, subject to availability, excludes August and key city dates)] and a pair of First Class return rail tickets valid for travel on the CrossCountry network https://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/stations-destinations/route-map. Tickets are valid for travel between the 30th April 2016 and the 30th April 2017 and your journey is subject to the national rail conditions of carriage http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/46427.aspx.
- There is no cash alternative for the prize. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of similar value.
- The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
The winner will be posted on the XC Facebook Page on [Friday 29th April 2016 no later than 13:00] We will announce the winners by a public post on our Facebook page. Winners will then be advised to claim their prize by sending a private message to our CrossCountry Facebook page and providing their full name and address details. If a winner does not accept their prize before [13:00 on Saturday 30th April 2016] then the prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- Winners will be tagged on Crosscountry's Facebook page if their Facebook profile so allows.
- The prize will be sent by First Class post on the first postal day following receipt of full name and address details. The winner is responsible for providing their correct postal address and the Promoter will not accept responsibility for any lost vouchers and replacements cannot be sent.
- The decision of the Promoteris final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The winner's name and county can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to XC Trains Limited, Grand Central Marketing, Cannon House, 5thFloor, 18 The Priory, Queensway Birmingham B4 6BS.
Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- If you are a winner of the competition, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
- By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.