Advice for rail users affected by RMT action: 27 September until 1 October
The RMT Union has announced further industrial action that would affect CrossCountry services from the start of Friday 27 September until the end of Tuesday 1 October. We remain in discussions with the RMT to seek a resolution and customers are advised to check our website for the latest travel information.
If this action goes ahead then on most days there would be little impact on our services. However, services on Sunday 29 September would be severely restricted. Seat reservations have been suspended and alternative arrangements are being prepared and will be made available here when finalised.
For more information on this, please find our dedicated page here:
There have been no recent searches performed, your recently searched journeys will appear here.
Terms & Conditions – Get 20% off CrossCountry Advance Train Tickets
1. The promoter of this promotion is XC Trains Limited whose correspondence address is 5th Floor, Cannon House, 18 Priory Queensway, Birmingham B4 6BS (the “Promoter”).
2. A “Qualifying Ticket” means any single adult or child Standard or First Class CrossCountry Advance Ticket fulfilled as an e-Ticket or m-Ticket only which are valid for travel between 1 July 2019 and 31 July 2019 (inclusive). For the avoidance of doubt a return ticket does not constitute a Qualifying Ticket.
3. “Purchase Period” means the period of time between 11:00am on Monday 24 June 2019 and 11:59pm on Sunday 7 July 2019 inclusive.
4. “Promotional PIN” means the promotional PIN contained in the launch email sent on 24 June 2019.
5. If a Qualifying Ticket is purchased during the Purchase Period via the CrossCountry website, CrossCountry mobile site or the CrossCountry mobile phone application and the Promotional PIN is entered at the time of purchase, a 20% discount will be applied to the price of the Qualifying Ticket.
6. The Promotional PIN can be used in conjunction with Railcards.
7. The Promotional PIN is not valid for use with:
any other promotion (except as set out in these terms and conditions).
8. The Promotional PIN is valid for two separate transactions, however, the number of Qualifying Tickets to which the discount applies per transaction is limited as set out at clause nine (9) below.
9. For each transaction using the Promotional PIN, the discount will be applied up to a maximum of eighteen (18) Qualifying Tickets, provided that the discount will not be applied to more than:
10. All Qualifying Tickets are subject to availability.
11. Qualifying Tickets are only valid for use on the Promoter’s rail services on the Promoter’s rail network and will not be accepted by other train operating companies unless extenuating circumstances apply. Please visit https://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/stations-destinations/route-map for details of our routes.
12. All purchases of Qualifying Tickets are subject to the Promoter’s terms and conditions available to view at https://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/online-purchasing-terms-and-conditions.
13. If you amend your booking of a Qualifying Ticket for any reason the 20% discount applied to your Qualifying Ticket will not be transferred or applied to the amended booking, and you will be liable to pay any balance of the cost of such amended booking.
14. The National Rail Conditions of Travel apply for travel on all of the Promoter’s rail services. A copy of the National Rail Conditions of Travel is available at http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/46427.aspx.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw this offer or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.