The European Football Championships 2020, will be taking place between Friday 11 June and Sunday 11 July 2021.
Britain will be hosting 12 games at Wembley Stadium in London (including the final on 11 July) and at Hampden Park in Glasgow. We are expecting our services to be busier than usual, so please check before you travel.
This page allows you to find travel information in one place to ensure that you can travel with confidence. For more travel advice and information on the Euro’s please visit the National Rail website.
Our travel guidelines
If you do plan to travel with us, please follow our travel guidelines to keep both yourself and others around you safe:
- Check before you travel - Please check government guidance and restrictions before you plan your journey. You can visit the government website here for more information.
- Download our Train Tickets app - Why not purchase an e-Ticket for your journey through our Train Tickets app? You can download our app here.
- Reserve a seat before you travel - We are asking all our customers to book before you travel and reserve a seat on a train, this helps us maintain social distancing on-board. This can also be done through our Train Tickets app. For more information, please visit our reservation FAQs.
- Wear a face covering – It is mandatory to wear a face covering when passing through stations and when on-board.
- Wash your hands – It is important to wash your hands before and after travelling and carry hand sanitiser where possible.
- See it, say it, sorted - You can report incidents to the British Transport Police by texting 61016.
What we're doing to keep you safe?
Did you know that we’re ‘Good to Go’? We’re proud to have been be awarded this accreditation from Visit Britain, meaning that we provide a COVID-safe environment for you on-board our trains!
- We’ve enhanced our cleaning – Our cleaners clean the equivalent of 264 football pitches whilst our trains are in service each day. All our trains also go through a deep clean process at the end of each day.
- Encouraging social distancing - We have installed signage on-board as a reminder to you and others around you to 'stay safe & stay apart'. We have also strengthened some of our services by adding additional carriages to some of our trains to support additional demand over the coming weeks.
- Reducing contact – We encourage our customers to use contactless payments only and where possible purchase an e-Ticket.