Read about our work together
There have been no recent searches performed, your recently searched journeys will appear here.
Between March 2017 and February 2020, we worked closely with the Scouts to help educate and inform Cub Scouts across the UK on safety, personal responsibility and crime prevention on the railways.
We worked together to create a Rail Safety Pack for Scouts groups wishing to complete the badge. It also gave Scouts the chance to connect with their local Community Rail Partnership or train company, to find out first-hand about safety on the railway.
Who are Scouts
The Scouts believe in preparing young people with life skills. They do this through a series of exciting activities, from kayaking to coding. They look to develop character, employability and practical skills of young people aged 6-25 as part of a worldwide movement. They work together to create stronger communities and to inspire positive futures.
Nearly 50,000 Cub Scout Personal Safety badges were sold throughout the partnership and it was recognised for nine awards including:
• Winner Scouts 2017 Best Partner Award
• Silver Global Good Awards UK 2018 for Best Individual Community Project
• Highly Commended Rail Partnership Awards 2018 for Community Engagement
• Overall winner at the 2018 Peer Awards for Excellence, as well as winning in three other categories (Corporate Responsibility - Educating the Community, Judging Criteria – Inspiration, Corporate Responsibility)
• Silver Community Commitment UK and Gold Partnerships/Sponsorships at The International CSR Excellence Awards 2018
In 2017/2018 we worked in collaboration to release a video to support the partnership and deliver the key message of railway safety: