Sit back, relax and enjoy complimentary refreshments.
Choose date & timeClose ✕
You can book up to 90 days in advance.
Looking for dates further in the future?
Train operators can only release tickets for sale up to 90 days in advance.
But don't worry, you don't have to miss out - be the first to hear when tickets are available with our FREE ticket alert.
Going departing after
If you need to work on the move or just want to relax and watch the world go by, why not travel First Class? A First Class train ticket gives you the luxury of bigger seats, more space, and on most services, complimentary food and drinks. Learn everything you need to know about First Class train travel with CrossCountry here.
What are First Class train tickets?
Whether you’re travelling from Aberdeen to Penzance or Birmingham to Coventry, a bit of luxury on your train journey wouldn’t go amiss. While we’re certain you’ll be comfortable on all of our seats, First Class allows you to enjoy extra comfort and relaxation. But what exactly do you get when you book a First Class train ticket with us?
- Larger seats - 97% of our trains have bigger seats in First Class compared to Standard. This means extra space to relax and enjoy the journey.
- Wi-Fi – Take advantage of our onboard Wi-Fi, with which you can browse online without having to use your data.
- Extra table space – Whether you’re eating and drinking, working, or just chatting with the passenger opposite, you’ll benefit from more table space.
- Complimentary food and drink – You’ll receive complimentary food and drink on most of our First Class services, keeping you well refreshed until you reach your destination.
How to book First Class train tickets
Booking First Class tickets is as simple as booking Standard.
- On our website, click the ‘Buy tickets’ button above or find your destination using the route finder below
- Alternatively, you can use the CrossCountry mobile app
- Select your departure and destination stations
- Choose your date of departure. Add your return date if you’re making the journey back, too
- Add the number of people travelling, railcards, route preferences, or any promotions you might have
- Now for us to do the work. We’ll present you with all the available tickets, with Standard to the left and First Class to the right
- Select the First Class ticket you want to travel on and press ‘Continue’ to book.
Once you’ve booked your First Class ticket, the only thing left to do is make the journey.
How to save on First Class train tickets
First Class needn’t be expensive. In fact, there are a few ways you can save money with great value fares when travelling with CrossCountry.
- Railcard - You can save up to 1/3 on your train travel with a Railcard. Railcards are only available to people who meet certain criteria, though, so make sure you check and purchase one before you travel. Some of the most popular Railcards are 16-25, 26-30, Family and Friends, and Senior.
- Travel off-peak - Whenever you can, avoid travelling at peak times as this is when fares are most expensive. Travelling Off-Peak means cheaper tickets and quieter trains. Off-peak times vary per route, but usually avoid the busy rush-hour commute times in the mornings and evenings.
Our most popular First-Class routes
We offer First Class services on most of our trains, so you can benefit from a bit of luxury on almost any journey you make. Just some of our most popular First Class routes are:
The Best English Heritage Sites
If you’re looking to step back into the past to learn and experience more about the history of the UK, these are the best English Heritage sites you can visit today.Find Out More
13 Things to Do on Your Commute: Our Best Commuting Tips
Whether it’s a ten-minute tube journey or an hour-long trek, here are 13 things to do on your commute that will make your day far more fulfilling.Find Out More
The Best Crazy Golf in the UK
Whether you play off scratch or your handicap’s too embarrassing to tell, these are the best crazy golf courses in the UK.Find Out More