We’ve made it free to change your Advance train tickets
Choose date & timeClose ✕
You can book up to 90 days in advance.
Looking for dates further in the future?
Train operators can only release tickets for sale up to 90 days in advance.
But don't worry, you don't have to miss out - be the first to hear when tickets are available with our FREE ticket alert.
Going departing after
You can now book with us with greater confidence, change the train if you change your mind...
Not only can you get great value Advance train tickets for any train operator via our site, but you have a little extra flexibility if your plans change:
- You can amend the time and date of your Advance train ticket for FREE
- Enjoy flexibility - update the date, time & ticket type (as long as the stations are the same)
Planning on buying a ticket? Make sure it's eligible
To make sure your ticket is eligible for free amendments, you'll need to be signed into your account when you purchase with us. Simply follow these 3 steps:
- Sign in to your CrossCountry account - if you don't have one, register here
- Buy an Advance train ticket through our site, or use our CrossCountry app
- Relax and enjoy the peace of mind that you can change the date and time of your Advance train ticket for free
How do I amend my Advance train ticket
You can make changes to your Advance train ticket 2 hours after you have purchased and up to the day before the departure time on your ticket. Simply follow the below steps:
- Sign in to your CrossCountry account
- Click “My Bookings” to view your upcoming journeys
- Click “Manage my booking” under the ticket you wish to change
- Select “Change date/time” and confirm the journey you wish to change by clicking continue
- Input the amended date, time and/or railcard and click “Search times and prices”
- Select the new journey you would like to book
- Confirm your preferred delivery method
- Continue to “Pay now by card” to confirm your new journey
- Check your e-mails for confirmation of your change of journey
*You can view your booking history when signed into your CrossCountry account.*
Have more questions? Take a look at our FAQ's page for more information.