Environmental and Energy Policy Statement
The Managing Director's Statement of Environmental & Corporate Responsibility
Choose date & timeClose ✕
You can book up to 90 days in advance.
Looking for dates further in the future?
Train operators can only release tickets for sale up to 90 days in advance.
But don't worry, you don't have to miss out - be the first to hear when tickets are available with our FREE ticket alert.
Going departing after
CrossCountry will strive for continual improvement in reducing environmental* impacts and raising awareness of its corporate responsibility. This policy will be made available to all interested parties including our employees, suppliers, stakeholders, with the active support of the executive board. Our integrated environmental & energy management system** follows the requirements the International Standard BS EN ISO 14001:2015 and BS EN ISO 50001:2018.
This sets out framework policies for our business, paying due regard to the protection of the environment, the effective and efficient use of energy and raw materials, promotion of modal shift (from private cars to public transport), and the minimisation of waste. By supporting the development of best practice and innovative solutions we aim to promote and provide sustainable public transport and reduce the environmental impact of our operations and we remain committed to continual improvement and the prevention of pollution.
CrossCountry's Environmental Aims
We aim to:
- Make efficient use of water and energy and prevent pollution
- Promote effective and efficient fuel consumption
- Meet relevant legal & compliance obligations, other guidance and industry requirements as a minimum, and exceed it wherever practicable
- Set targets and objectives to improve our environmental performance & energy performance and compatible with our strategic direction
- Communicate our environmental policy and associated activities to our employees and stakeholders
- Review our arrangements for compliance annually
- Encourage the use of public transport through relevant environmental messaging
To achieve this we will:
- Inform employees, customers, and stakeholders of our environmental policy and activities through established communication channels including newsletters, posters and our website
- Encourage our businesses to minimise their impact where possible through energy saving measures at our facilities including water conservation & waste recycling
- Where practicable investigate new technologies, consider energy performance in the design of facilities & systems where practicable develop environmental objectives and targets
- Monitor and review against Arriva`s Destination Green targets
- Review progress towards targets and objectives periodically via Safety Security & Environment Group (SSEG) & Pillar Meetings
- Provide employees with competent and appropriate training, briefing and resources
- Develop frameworks and structures to improve our environmental & energy performance
- Include environmental considerations when making purchasing decisions and consider energy efficient purchasing
- Contribute to the group annual environmental performance report
- Reducing business travel through the use of video, web and audio conferencing
This document will be reviewed on an annual basis or following any changes to policies and procedures.
There is plenty more to learn about CrossCountry's policies and strategies, which detail how we aim to keep our passengers safe and satisfied. Explore our Health & Safety policy, Food Safety policy, Sustainability strategy, and Social Media policy.
* Environmental includes all aspects of Energy, Water & Waste Impacts