Saving you time on your commute.
Choose date & timeClose ✕
You can book up to 90 days in advance.
Looking for dates further in the future?
Train operators can only release tickets for sale up to 90 days in advance.
But don't worry, you don't have to miss out - be the first to hear when tickets are available with our FREE ticket alert.
Going departing after
What is an s-Ticket?
An s-Ticket is a Season ticket fulfilled as a barcode held on a mobile device.
You can now buy and renew your Season tickets directly in our Train Tickets app, with s-Tickets available to use instantly after purchase.
How s-Tickets work
With s-Tickets, you will no longer need a paper ticket and photocard. To make your journey quicker and easier, follow the simple steps for s-Tickets below.
• Download our Train Tickets app
• Upload a photo directly and search for your weekly or monthly Season ticket
• Choose the ‘mobile barcode-in-app’ option when prompted to pay
• Your s-Ticket will be available instantly through the Train Tickets app after purchase
• Tap ‘Download Season ticket’ before you travel and then ‘View Season ticket’ to pass through ticket gates/show to staff during ticket inspection
Benefits of s-Tickets
Why use an s-Ticket? Aside from saving time on your commute, these are just some of the benefits of using this ticket type.
• You can use your s-Ticket instantly after purchase
• Your s-Ticket is safely stored in our Train Tickets app
• You won’t need to wait to top up, queue at a station or wait for it to arrive in the post, saving you time on your commute
• You will no longer need to carry a paper ticket and photo card, making them easier to keep safe
An s-Ticket is a Season ticket fulfilled as a single use barcode coupon that is valid for 3 hours and is held on a mobile device.
s-Tickets are available to purchase via our Train Tickets app.
Once you have downloaded your Season ticket via the Train Tickets app, tap ‘View Season ticket’ and display the barcode at ticket gates or show to staff.
s-Tickets are not to be displayed from screenshots, wallet apps or printed form.
Yes, you will need to upload a photo directly before purchasing an s-Ticket. Instructions will be provided during the purchase process.
All child s-Tickets will require a paper photocard as there is not the option to store child photos on the Train Tickets app.
Yes, 1st class s-Tickets are available.
If a refreshed coupon is required at any stage (for example to enter/exit gates or for inspection purposes), a back-up coupon stored locally will be available if a poor connection is experienced. The back-up coupon is valid for a single journey on a given day. If further journey(s) are required after the use of the back-up coupon, a connection will be required to obtain the next season coupon.
No, s-Tickets are only available for new or renewed weekly or monthly Season tickets.
You can transfer your s-Ticket to a different device however the ticket would only be available 3 hours after the last coupon was downloaded.
Yes but only 16-17 Saver and Jobcentre Plus Travel Discount card holders can get a discount on s-Tickets.
The same refund rules apply for s-Tickets as for the equivalent paper/Smart ticket.