26 - 30 Railcard
Save 1/3 on most rail fares with a 26-30 Railcard
Choose date & timeClose ✕
You can book up to 90 days in advance.
Looking for dates further in the future?
Train operators can only release tickets for sale up to 90 days in advance.
But don't worry, you don't have to miss out - be the first to hear when tickets are available with our FREE ticket alert.
Going departing after
What is the 26-30 Railcard?
Calling all millennials (or 26–30-year old's), did you know you could be saving 1/3 on your train travel? With a 26–30 Railcard, you can make great savings on journeys across Britain, meaning you can make the most of every weekend and experience all of what the UK has to offer.
What are the benefits of a 26-30 Railcard?
Are you wondering if a 26 to 30 Railcard is worth it? The answer is yes! This Railcard is designed to reward your leisure travel, so you can make the most of your time off and save money too.
- Going home to visit your family
- Heading to a festival
- Enjoying a day out with friends
- Having a weekend away
- Rewarding yourself with a city break
- Travelling to a gig
If you know you will be travelling a lot, a Railcard is a perfect way to save money whatever you decide to use your railcard for.
We feature a range of articles about fun and exciting things to do around the country, so you will never be short of inspiration. Whether it’s a weekend by the coast or a shopping trip in the city, explore more with a 26 – 30 Railcard. Visit our blog for some travel inspiration.
Am I eligible for a 26-30 Railcard?
- Anyone aged 26 to 30 is eligible to apply for this railcard.
- You can buy the card anytime up to the day before your 31st birthday, and it will still be eligible for one year.
- If you are 26, you might still be able to use your 16-25 Railcard, but you can apply for a 26-30 Railcard when your old card expires.
How much does a 26-30 Railcard cost?
- £30 for one year which gives you 1/3 off selected rail fares.
How can I get a 26–30 Railcard?
Designed for millennials, it’s no surprise that the 26–30 Railcard is the first digital-only railcard available. It can be bought online and downloaded to the Railcard App on a smartphone within minutes. Meaning, you can start travelling and saving instantly.
To buy the 26-30 Railcard online, all you need is:
- A valid passport or UK driving licence to verify your identity
- A digital passport-style photo saved to your computer, tablet or mobile phone
- A debit or credit card
You can also buy your 26-30 Railcard over the phone, by calling 0345 3000 250* (7 am to 10 pm every day except Christmas Day).
*Calls cost no more than calls to geographic numbers (01 or 02) and may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes. Please note, you’ll also need to submit your photo via email.
Where and when can I use my 26–30 Railcard?
The 26-30 Railcard gets you 1/3 off Standard Anytime and Off-Peak fares, as well as Standard Advance and First Class Advance fares. You can use your Railcard at all times during the week, but be aware that any journey made between the hours of 04:30 am and 10:00 am requires a minimum £12 fare before your Railcard discount is applicable.
When buying your train tickets through the CrossCountry app, follow these simple steps to claim your discount:
- Put in your origin and destination as normal
- Click on the drop-down menu on the tab that says '1 adult, no railcards or promotions'
- From here, click on 'Add railcard' followed by 'Select a railcard'
- Scroll down to '26-30 Railcard', select this then click on the 'Done' button and after that, the 'Get times & tickets' prompt
At this stage, you should see the discount applied, and be able to follow the booking form to checkout.
How to add a railcard to your journey
What are my options if I am not eligible for a 26-30 Railcard?
It's still possible to save money on CrossCountry trains even if you are not eligible for this Railcard.
You can see all the CrossCountry Railcard options here.
Buy your 16-25 Railcard today
There's no better time to start saving on your rail journeys than right now. It only takes a few minutes to apply, and you could save up to 1/3 on selected rail fares immediately.